This limited edition series of 100 prints is from the original oil painting “Yellow Fever” by David McPherson.
Prints in this series measure 11 inches wide by 14 inches high, have a white border and are numbered on the lower left and signed on the lower right.
Prints are produced on 100% cotton Moab Entrada archival acid-free paper.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Church on Rampart Street, built in 1827 as the Chapel of St. Anthony of Padua, is the oldest surviving church building in New Orleans.
The church was dedicated as a mortuary chapel for victims of yellow fever and was built directly in front of St. Louis Cemetery at the edge of the French Quarter. At the time, it was thought that exhalations from the dead could spread the disease, so the church was established to relieve St. Louis Cathedral and keep the dead away from the center of town.